HAVEN?! Where are you?

Comments

• helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    never really came into haven much prefer hanging back and watching with glee everyone else 
    so i stand in a shadow laughing don t mind me....but if there is a roll room now that i will be seen in  :p
    Touch my food, feel my Fork.
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 770 Wizard
    @drglory Obviously, you haven't yet heard about the SMITE badge...

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • drglorydrglory Posts: 29 Adventurer
    TheWizard said:
    @drglory Obviously, you haven't yet heard about the SMITE badge...

Oh hey! I want one!

And a cookie @Soxrobin ;
  • docgeodocgeo Posts: 45 Adventurer
    Okay....::rolling up his sleeves:::  time to get Terhyet here.  If I have to get a passport to drive to Canada and get her I will be very cross.  Even though the boarder is like 30 miles away.  The line for passports is like 30 miles too!!

doc
    "Come on in stranger and have a drink....mind your boots on the floor"
    Anyone have a handle on Charge?
  • helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    i sent charge a facebook message hopefully he still looks at facebook @drglory ;
    Touch my food, feel my Fork.
  • TalinTalin Posts: 22 Adventurer
    Wanders in and notes a lot of old faces. Pulls out a tray of his wife's brownies for all to share.
    "Where's the dice? Dyax? Finj? I know one of you has a set somewhere...."
  • KjelfalconerKjelfalconer Posts: 99 Adventurer
    Oh, oh! Pick me! I have dice!
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 171 mod
    So long as the dice aren't weighted... ;)

Also what kind of dice? I have lots, my wife decided it would be fun to pay for a beer pitcher of them at GenCon the first year we went... heh we still haven't been able to get rid of them.
    Oooo, nice, @Drakythe, all sorts of miscellaneous dice or a pitcher full of D6 or something?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    I have a d30. And mood dice. And direction dice. And weather dice. And crystal cut barrel dice. 3 full sets of actual dice. All the d6. (Seriously. All of them. I play warhammer). Oh, and that spherical d6. That's sodding useless.
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
    @TheWizard ;
    All sorts of misc dice, though it seemed to be about 70% d6's. But I'll put it this way, in the many years since we did that we've never had a friend come over for a game night and _not_ be able to have their own set of dice.

Oh, and that spherical d6. That's sodding useless.
    I have a 'crystal' d20, which is effectively a tube with some slight faceting, shares that key attribute. I've never seen a spherical d6 though, that sounds... odd. Have you seen the 'boogie' dice? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/556341540/bots-battleground-the-first-boogie-dice-based-game
    Those are awesome. Pointless, but awesome.

And I know the pain of the crystal d20. The fact that the spherical d6 is more likely to stop rolling is sad. (Though it does have a ball bearing to make it happen)

Exhibit the a - https://www.thediceshoponline.com/dice/1016/Round-6-Sided-D6-Dice-Black
    How... who... what... Why... *Sputters*

You know, on the one hand I see that and think "That looks pretty cool" on the other hand. They sell enough to continue making them? I'm impressed.
  • SoxrobinSoxrobin Posts: 9 Mendicant
    I have one of those round d6s.  It works ok, honestly, but back in high school when I got it, I was typically rolling on carpet, so it ended up getting relegated to one of my less-used dice bags.  I have to say, the round d6 is much more practical than the d100, though the d100 makes a fun sound when shaken.  I collect dice, so if I see something unique, I have to get it, practical or no.  (Ask me how many times I've used my d24!)  I actually made a design for a d6 side and had dice custom made to give out as favors at our wedding, (in the color of the bridesmaids' dresses, of course).  The extras are in a glass container in the living room in case anyone who is over for gaming doesn't have enough d6s for a fireball.

Wait... how did we all get talking about dice?  Oh, right.  We're nerds.

-Sox
    TheWizard
    Soxrobin said:
    I actually made a design for a d6 side and had dice custom made to give out as favors at our wedding, (in the color of the bridesmaids' dresses, of course).
    That sounds like an epic wedding favor. I wish my wife and I had been more comfortable in our nerdery when we got married. But then we got married young, so no nerd wedding favors for our attendees.
    "Comfortable in our nerdery" is my favorite quote from these forums thus far. We may have to make a quest or something called that...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Spacegoats
    @Soxrobin that is a fantasy wedding favor! My wife must never hear of it or she would kill me for not thinking of it!
    @Soxrobin ;
    How many times have you used your d24?  :p It can't be less than my d30 gets. The only time I ever used it was to randomly generate the charges of a wand, because I didn't want to half a d100 and possibly leave the treasure almost empty.
  • SpacegoatsSpacegoats Posts: 20 Adventurer
    I do hope the party hasn't started without the mighty Spaegoats! I need a bowl of mead now if anyone minds. Hooves and whatnot.
    Grand leader of the glorious Spacegoatian Empire!
  • TerheytTerheyt Posts: 37 Adventurer
    @Spacegoats, they started the party without both of us, and well they should have! 

Sorry for my delay, friends, I've had an amazing but time consuming year. It took a week of being bedridden to finally get enough computer time to wander by. How about if I make the first few rounds of the Good Stuff on me to make up for it?

Ter
     First among the Smitten. The few, the proud, the slightly squished.
    TheWizard
  • AlyxeAlyxe Posts: 16 Adventurer
    mrowr.
  • SpacegoatsSpacegoats Posts: 20 Adventurer
    @Terheyt Right as always! And I hope you are better now! 

@TheWizard so what do you need from your trusty companions hmm?
    Grand leader of the glorious Spacegoatian Empire!
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    All is forgiven as long as I can get in on that first round. @Terheyt ;

:)

They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    @spacegoats I defer to the traditional proprietors of Haven, of course! (@terheyt & @docgeo)

She tells me that thar be a plot, so stay tuned in the RPG threads.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    She lives! She liiiiiiiiiiives!
    If you could be so kind as to remind my lungs of that, so they cease trying to exit my body for a carefree life of their own, I would appreciate it. 

But yes, I figured it would take something special to get the first Smitation, and apparently 6 months was just about right...

Who needs a refill?

Ter
    /looks up from below the brim of his ridiculous hat and raises hand
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    /e starts placing full glasses of the good stuff by everyone's chairs, both for those present and for those sorely missed.
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 60 Adventurer
    Pints? Come on Ter, some of us only except quarts.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!