HAVEN?! Where are you?

13»

Comments

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 763 Wizard
    Mmmm the Good Stuff. If @Evilteddy doesn't drink it all with his quart-sized goblets, I'll take what I can get...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 60 Adventurer
    /sets his empty quart down
    /looks around the bar
    /notices @TheWizard left a half empty pint on the bar so he could take a leak
    /drinks it and places empty pint back where is was
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    /returns to the bar to find a Good Stuff Theft and peers around, furious...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    /whistles nonchalantly
    Drinking good beer!
  • EldahrEldahr Posts: 2 Mendicant
    Alas I have made it back to this world 
    Hail, @Eldahr! Good to see you among the Exiles.

You're just in time for a bar brawl btw an @Evilteddy and a defenseless old man...!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • SpacegoatsSpacegoats Posts: 20 Adventurer
    I would hardly call you defenseless there @TheWizard . Perhaps clumsy and forgetful, but certainly not defenseless oh mighty smiter.
    Grand leader of the glorious Spacegoatian Empire!
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 231 Hero
    The odour wafting up from your robes is a defence unto itself there @TheWizard ...

Phooaarr... maybe go easy on the ol' beans and burritos in the future eh stinky-pants?

...jiggly bits...
    /scoffs.

That's the ol' salt pork & mutton coming to call, mr finji...

/starts up a glow around his upturned palm and eyes @Evilteddy ;
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • TerheytTerheyt Posts: 37 Adventurer
    edited March 2016
    /e staggers in, clearly already drunk. @Finjinimo ; level drunk.

/e makes a beeline for the bar, goes over it head first, and lands with a crash out of sight.

/e can be heard gulping down the Really Good Stuff like water from her pile on the floor. before a bleary voice emerges...

You guys ever had a first date go bad? Like really bad?

Like you have to spend an hour on the phone with the Child Sex Crimes unit of the police the next day bad?

There might not be enough Good Stuff left to share. Sorry, but it's medicinal at this point. 

Ter
    cannot imagine what she possibly could have done in a past life to deserve this.
     First among the Smitten. The few, the proud, the slightly squished.
    Sweet holy mother of goats, @Terheyt , what in the world happened!?!
    /Pulls out his flask and hands it to @Terheyt
    Go easy on that it is single barrel and old enough to buy itself a drink....
    /whispers @Terheyt thanks for saving me from the smite
    Drinking good beer!
    I went on a first date with a guy I met online. He seemed really nice. But the conversation went very very VERY wrong, and the staff at the teahouse ignored me frantically trying to wave down the bill, so the stories went on far too long. I learned things about him I really never wanted to know, but the police were happy to hear of.

Well, maybe happy is the wrong word. No one is happy to hear of these things happening. But they would rather have a lead on stopping it than have the things continue. 

I am not going to give details here. It's enough for you to know the general category, and that I'm still profoundly disturbed by it all, 3 days later. I mean, I know I should be disturbed, but this feels disproportionate. Go easy on me for a while. 
    Well if you need anything @Terheyt just let us know.
    I've been trying out the dating scene, and I have just one question: Why are men horrible? Because so far, all the men I've met socially in the last 2 months have been just horrible people. Maybe not uniformly child-sex-crimes level horrible, but definitely never-want-to-be-within-20-yards-of-them-again horrible.

We have the consent violators, the bigots, the ones who dismiss everything I say and just stare at my tits, the ones who are clearly cheating and hope I won't notice, the ones who can't tell the truth if I asked them what colour the sky was, and the ones (yes, plural) I had to turn over to the police. This is getting ridiculous. Not a single datable one in the bunch. Hell, not a single one I'd allow to remain an AQUAINTANCE. 

So, I ask you, the wonderful men of Haven who do not fall into the above categories, why the hell aren't there more of you out there? 

Special mug of the Extra Good Stuff to anyone who can make me laugh with their answer. (Wiz, I need badges to hand out).

Ter

• DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    There are, we are just hidden inside our houses.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    All of the decent guys I know have been tricked into marriage and/or having children (myself included), then fattened up by their spouses/baby mamma so that they can no longer chase after other women.  Also I have to agree with @Darggie all the good ones like us are NEETs or Otakus so unless you break into our houses and kidnap one of us you might be SOL.
    Drinking good beer!
    Talin
    /prepares requested badges 
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Terheyt
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 170 mod
    edited March 2016
    So, I ask you, the wonderful men of Haven who do not fall into the above categories, why the hell aren't there more of you out there? 
    I'm gonna assume I fall in this category, as I think my wife would be smarter than to stick with me for almost 9 years now if I wasn't.

Honestly? I don't know. It seems these days that the jerks get too much publicity "Wasn't this guy SUCH a jerk?! Look at how jerk-ish he is!" And people like to get noticed (Men and Women). For some people, not being noticed is the worst of all possible outcomes, so better to be noticed and labeled a jerk than to go quietly into the night. Somehow we've lost all patience as a society (I can't explain the success of some politicians otherwise)

Sorry you've had to deal with such Jerks, my friend. Don't let them wear you down. Don't settle. When it comes to people "good enough" isn't good enough.

Now, on a less serious note: Why are you having to deal with this crap, I thought you lived in Canada, the proverbial 'too nice for our own good' country?!
    Just lucky, I guess?

Seriously, haven't you guys known me long enough to have figured out that the unlikely happens to me with distressing frequency?

Meh, things are starting to look up. Met a girl, third date on Monday. Met a seemingly nice guy, second date tonight, and if all goes well, third date Thursday when I get to meet his wife. No more police reports filed. (I really, really hate that my dating success is measured in number of times I don't have to call the police.) 

Still, while we're more polite on the surface, it doesn't mean they're all as dreamy as the new Prime Minister... 

I voted for his policies, really.....

Drakythe
    Terheyt said:

I voted for his policies, really.....

Bahahahahaha. I hadn't seen that photo. Impressive, really, that you managed to even notice he has policies ;). And I'm glad things are looking up for you!
    Actually, I really did. New relations with our First Nations (backed up in Tuesday's federal budget with substantial cash). A pledge to bring over 25 000 Syrian refugees (last one arrived Feb 28th). A willingness to run a federal deficit in order to spend on infrastructure instead of austerity measures (again, see Tuesday's budget). An inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, led by those communities (being organised by our new justice minister, herself an indigenous woman and our female minister of indigenous and northern affairs). A shift away from combat missions and back to the disaster relief and peacekeeping missions our military has always been best at. 

I could go on...
    Heh. I knew I liked the guy but those are some stellar moves he is making. Now I just have to look up how hard it is to become a Canadian citizen if US politics continues how they are. (Only half joking. My state just laid off another 208 teachers to help balance the budget while approving more bonds for the refurbishment of our capital building. Because the Capitol is so much more important the the future of our state *rolls eyes*)
    It's actually a lot harder to become a Canadian citizen than a US citizen, although shortening the process and removing some of the hurdles is another policy plank the Liberals are moving forward on, to my great approval.

But the best way to fix US politics is, I think, to get involved in local races this year. Think of all the things you wish your presidents could have gotten done, if only your local congressman and senator hadn't stood in their way. Or your state legislature hadn't overturned, blocked or ignored it. Ignore the circus sideshow that the presidential race has become, and go fix those other ones. Don't just vote, that's the bare minimum. Volunteer to get as many other people voting as you can.

Most of the reason our system works so well is that our Prime Minister isn't elected like your president, they're just the house majority leader. We can only elect one by voting for their party's candidate to represent us locally. So we have to get into our local races to affect the country-wide one.

Well, that, and we vote at a much higher rate, and haven't systematically defunded our education system repeatedly for the last 50 years. 

Sorry to go into lecture mode, but I've been really into politics since before I was born. I'm passionate. 
    Terheyt said:
    But the best way to fix US politics is, I think, to get involved in local races this year. Think of all the things you wish your presidents could have gotten done, if only your local congressman and senator hadn't stood in their way. Or your state legislature hadn't overturned, blocked or ignored it. Ignore the circus sideshow that the presidential race has become, and go fix those other ones. Don't just vote, that's the bare minimum. Volunteer to get as many other people voting as you can.

Most of the reason our system works so well is that our Prime Minister isn't elected like your president, they're just the house majority leader. We can only elect one by voting for their party's candidate to represent us locally. So we have to get into our local races to affect the country-wide one.
    Holy crap, I did not know that. That is fantastic! 

And don't worry about the lecture, I've been on that soap box for the past few months now. Politics really does filter up I think. Senators/Reps can't possibly listen to the opinions of all their constituents, so looking at the policies being implemented on a local level is a nice shorthand for seeing whats popular. If everyone were to start voting in the more 'sane' local politicians (rather than the folks who keep running states into the ground while gutting education and other public services) then the higher echelons of politics might realize those are things that are important to people.
    edited March 2016
    Also, our senators are appointed by the Prime Minister rather than elected, and they're appointed for life. It's supposed to make them immune to lobbying, not having to run for reelection, and one of the names we call the Senate is the House of Sober Second Thought. 

Whether it works like that in reality or not is up for vociferous debate at the moment, and Senate reform is another thing that Trudeau campaigned on, and is (arguably) instituting, having just appointed 7 actually independent Senators to vacancies, with only one having any ties to his party.

And on top of all this, one of our political comedy shows has a clip of him asking Santa for a copy of the Naughty List for his 40th birthday. He's done with Good Girls this year... (Only 2:44 in, wearing an Evil Twin goatee.)

/grumbles @Terheyt
    That new keg I delivered tapped yet?!
    Drinking good beer!