What Is The Black Key?

TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 738 Wizard
edited July 2016 in Questions for YOU
This is a thread for discussing The Black Key.

"Do not gain it. If gained, do not use it."
TheWizard
I'll SMITE you
Tagged:

Comments

• NezujaNezuja Posts: 85 mod
    alright... I'll bite. What is this about?
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 738 Wizard
    as if from beyond the veil, a voice booms "The Black Key..." (and, of course, there's an echo)
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    booming voices, veils, black keys, echoes!!! I must know more, but I have a feeling patience will be in order. 
    hwlrmnky
  • Rob6300Rob6300 Posts: 4 Mendicant
    The first rule of The Black Key is don't talk about The Black Key!
    TheWizardMrMigooMaulD
    the voice ignores the first rule for the moment and adds "stay far away from The Black Key. Its power extends beyond Breach into the very realm of the Other."
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • LaniatarLaniatar Posts: 6 Mendicant
    Is black key a way to illustrate a beta key? or it's a item ingame who could open something, like a chest or a speial door?
    the voice considers that for a moment and intones "The Black Key opens chaos, despair and the Nothing. It is to be avoided at all cost."

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    hwlrmnky
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 229 Hero
    Old Man Finji wanders in idly eating a bag of nachos.

The Voice intones "The Black Key opens chaos, despair and the Nothing. It is to be avoided at all cost."

Finji considers this, scratches his butt and burps. He peers into the darkness, "What's all this then?"

...jiggly bits...
  • joekyjoeky Posts: 52 Adventurer
    Sound like a "Forbidden Fruit" from Adam and Eve....during Creation era..

hwlrmnky
    the voice notices the nachos and is tempted, but decides to remain ominous. "In Siege or Vanisir or Wildewoods it lies, beckoning to the exile to unearth its dark secrets."
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    The voice intones as Old Man Finji holds his hand to his ear, "What?! What?! Speak up dang it!".

Finji sits back on his haunches muttering to himself, "Textiles Birth is Mark Seacrest? This silly voice don't know what he's on about."

The voice intones, but Finji interrupts, "And why are we all sitting in the dark? Bit ominous isn't it. Where's that light switch?"

...jiggly bits...
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 157 mod
    Sounds like a fantastic way to summon Cthulu (by a non-trademarked name).
    I bet the black key leads to an EPIC house quest!
    edited August 2016
    I bet the black key is just a normal key covered in grime and all it unlocks is Wizzie junk storage chest.
    ...jiggly bits...
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 29 Mendicant
    *sneaks in steals the black key and starts looking for The Wizard's junk storage chest*
    its kept inside The Wizard's Hat......
    now we just need to figure out which hat that is....
    Skwid
    @joeky you keep @TheWizard distracted and I'll figure out where this key goes.
    @skwid, shhhh...nobody suppose to know our plan...luckily no one heard you...

joeky gona try the "shave Wiz Beard" distraction while you lift Wizzy Hat!
    TheWizard feels a slight tweak up on his head, but continues to walk down the corridor. Must have been a breeze...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    *Smiles and starts rummaging through his hat and finds a storage chest* maybe this is it.
    the voice recognizes the disturbance in its plans, so it casts a FREEZE spell on the perpetrators. +1 XP to those involved. -1 to their Speed.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    -1 to @Finjinimo just in general.

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    NezujaFinjinimohwlrmnkyDarggie
    Joeky & Skwid dance in "Frenzy" celebration mode for getting their hands on the "precious Wizzy hat"
    *Smiles and laughs then opens up the storage chest to find @TheWizard 's old playboy magazine collection * @joeky so this is what's in his chest. Quick let's take it and leave the chest and hat here
    If one of the main points of the game is to get delicious treasures... and the color of the key you use determines the type of treasure you can get from chests... Then me thinks the black key will give you access to some cursed treasures. 
    if color is a representation of intent or values or characters;
    then black keys could be the key to unlocking an ominous intent, doors of underworld...
    I was reading old Dev updates and came across this tidbit:

...there is a very special Red Rarity that we will be rolling out as the game progresses. Its properties are Unique and will be highlighted when we inject their awesome power into the game. You will likely both love and hate these red equipment items for reasons that will become clear soon.

Maybe this has something to do with the black key(s)?
    the voice remembers where he left off and intones "there is nothing like The Black Key. Using it means eradication, not death."

(meanwhile, TheWizard catches the ornery miscreants trying to fool with his stuff and takes them by the ear to the dungeon)
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Oh right, so it just resets your account.

THAT'S BORING WIZARD. Make it do something cool, like reset all the servers... that would be badass.

...jiggly bits...
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 157 mod
    Finjinimo said:
    Make it do something cool, like reset all the servers...

Again I say: Off Brand Cuthulu ;)