Player created Houses

Hey Wizzie,

I remember a while ago you were kicking around the idea of players being able to create their own houses, you know, if they thought all the other houses were teh suk and full of lames or whatevs.

Anyhoos, wondering if we're going to be able to do that, and if so, if there will be a character limit on the House Name... 

because I have an idea for one but I have a feeling it might be too long (which will be sad).

...jiggly bits...

Comments

• DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 203 mod
    You know, I was thinking about this and while my kneejerk is that no, players should not be able to create there own houses, I think there is room for it, albeit in a limited capacity.

I don't think just anyone should be able to create a house. I think it would be neat if players were able to gather signatories to petition the Devs to create a new house. It would require a non-trivial number of users, and there should be a good reason (e.g. "Our house has become too dominant and in the interest of fostering competition and balance we the undersigned would like to create a new house"). If a petition were granted then all signatories would immediately be placed in the new house, losing whatever rank and progress they had in their old house (to discourage signing just to get a house created but not actually joining it).

Additionally, I think if we consider the idea that houses could be created under special cirumstances, then we ought to consider that houses could be destroyed under certain circumstances too. For instance, say a created house had a good run but after a few months only had ~10 active players. Maybe their house is faced with a quest to prove its worthiness of remaining, something that 15-20 players could achieve without a lot of effort, but 10 players might struggle to pull off (thus allowing 10 really good players to show the other houses their mettle and maybe entice new members).

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
    Nezuja
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 259 Hero
    aw... man. Draky talking sense all over my idea.

I just thought it'd be funny to belong to a house called "Rudie Nudies and the Pantless Mo's"

...jiggly bits...
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 203 mod
    Finjinimo said:
    aw... man. Draky talking sense all over my idea.
    Thats me, sense killer and idea talker. Er, wait, idea kill and sense talker. I think?
    I just thought it'd be funny to belong to a house called "Rudie Nudies and the Pantless Mo's"
    I don't want to see any of the Mo's I know pantless.