Camp. Let's get a bit.

13»

Comments

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 816 Wizard
    Ah yes, thanks @darggie. Now, don't fear, folks, there will be offhand books aplenty (remember to quote me on that when I forget to put them in-- sticking-out-tongue-emoticon).

The dude sitting there in camp is just our concept piece for the Camp. Consider it a proxy for your Character. Eventually, that will be YOUR character sitting there or dancing around or stretching or whatever @anglon dreams up (you may not have met him yet, but he's the Art Director Extraordinaire and ruler of looksies and animation).

Right, @anglon?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • anglonanglon Posts: 3 admin
    Right-o! It'd be neat if you could pick your camp animation or if it leveled with your dude. Or if it was unique to your class. Whatever the UI guys say we can load in ;)
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    edited February 2016
    anglon said:
    Right-o! It'd be neat if you could pick your camp animation or if it leveled with your dude. Or if it was unique to your class. Whatever the UI guys say we can load in ;)
    Glad to see another face of the amazing development team posting on the forums @anglon. Loved the work you have been putting in with the rest of the team there. Keep it up and I can't wait to see more of your great work.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    TheWizardanglon
  • XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
    @TheWizard ;

Camp thought, since we discussed minions and dudes doing stuff for you and whatnot

What about a potential in the future or future patch for a use of these minions against other enemy minions

Like a Minion Arena or Minon Wars. Where you

A. Just all out pick your minions, equip them in your leftover gear, teach them a single skill you know and go ham vs other minions for Minion Arena

B. Your 'attacks' in the Arena are based on quest completion. Minions get a little fighting animation while the mode is active but, Minion Wars would be that you spend gold/other currency or point to increase success of your mission or decrease success of enemy mission, or other effects like delay time by x hours/days, make it require an item for completion, speed up yours, etc etc. Point being however, however completes the particular set of quests first gets a bonus reward, while the one who doesn't gets a penalty. Risk/reward. 

Thoughts?
  • anglonanglon Posts: 3 admin
    edited February 2016
    Hey thanks for the encouragement @Darggie!!!
  • joekyjoeky Posts: 54 Adventurer

@wiz,

will there be comic book with hidden code just like Continuum?

that will be an interesting addition to mobile platform....

Joeky

Ah, @joeky, that's a great topic I was meaning to start as a discussion, since many of you have played my earlier games. I'll start a thread...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Secrets thread is here.

But let's continue to discuss The Camp here in this thread, by all means!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
    Can camps be upgraded into placeable locations at high enough levels of camp leveltude? The concept of a player making thier own map marker for an achievement could be appealing -hint-
     Agreed that could be cool. Right now, the Camp is abstracted into being "wherever," because you can adventure in whatever Zone you qualify for (like this one below), and those icons you see represent places of interest to go on quests and battle beasties. BUT we are throwing around ideas about persistence in the world like you're talking about-- "marking" the world, as it were...

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you