THE SIEGE HUNT

TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 794 Wizard
edited November 2016 in Role-Playing
(To participate in this Hunt, simply announce your presence with a post in this thread, stating that you're here. It can be as quick as "I am here," or you can role-play to your level of preference. Should the Hunt be successful, as stated in this thread, all participants of the thread will receive an Epic item in the game when it launches. Your level of participation is up to you).

THE SIEGE HUNT



The wizard straightens his crooked hat and smooths his now-dirty robes. The raft this crew quickly put together isn't much to look at, but he knows that once he applies a touch of magick, it will serve its purpose. The towering cliffs of Siege bar their way to the land of the dwarves, but he knows a once-bustling port of entry is open anew. And that's where he intends to find the reason for these enigmatic Marks showing up here and there, most famously on the bodies of the original Paragons of the Sacrifice. 

"Now then," he surveys the crew of exiles and adventurers manning the raft, their eyes eager as they mill about, nervous to brave the rock-strewn waters along the south edge of the cliffs. "Shall we away? Who's ready?" 
TheWizard
I'll SMITE you
Tagged:
«134

Comments

  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 86 mod
    edited November 2016
    I've been wondering the origin of these mysterious Marks for some time... count me in. 
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 794 Wizard
    The old man nods in @Nezuja's direction. Another user of the arcane will be of great help, should they encounter trouble.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • HollowHollow Posts: 37 MARKED
    edited November 2016
    Hollow glances at the Wizard and decides to put his abilities to use.

    I will go too Wizard.

  • helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    arrives 

    Touch my food, feel my Fork.
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 177 mod
    edited November 2016
    Drakythe pulls his eyes away from the daunting rocks and water and eyes the Wizard. He can't say precisely why, but he trusts the Wizard's magick and knows that though the craft is makeshift, it will stand up to the rocks and waves if they can but guided properly, better to be aboard and help then, he decides.

    "Count me among the ready!"
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 61 Adventurer
    Hiccups, burps, and farts.
    "Not so loud," he growls, "and hand me some of that ale this headache be splitting me head in twain."
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 29 Adventurer
    Double checks the rigging knots he put together on the right side of the raft. Happy enough with his work, Secret Owl and his hounds take up residence on the half of the raft he helped construct.

    "I'm hoping we can find a way to get one of these marks, assuming they don't kill you."
  • memelizermemelizer Posts: 4 Mendicant
    sits in the corner, avoiding any eye contact...

    don't mind me, my good man. introverted herbalist here awaiting any tasks
  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 86 mod
    Welcome memelizer, glad to have an herbalist in the party!
  • BrokerBroker Posts: 4 Mendicant
    edited November 2016
    Being new to these parts, yet eager to prove his worth, he approaches the group forming around the makeshift raft. He senses an air of nervous excitement surrounding the group.

    "Greetings, I heard there was a need for adventurers."

    He rests his hands on the pommels of twin daggers hanging from his belt.

    "I'm here to offer what I can."
    Nezuja
  • ShethSheth Posts: 1 Mendicant
    Hello there =)
  • SOUL1191SOUL1191 Posts: 2 Mendicant
    edited November 2016
    Stand ready... waiting for the word to set of on a new adventure with a mighty greatsword reasting over my shoulder
  • RhaneRhane Posts: 2 Mendicant
    is it too late to join this?
  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 86 mod
    Rhane said:
    is it too late to join this?
    Not at all! Come on aboard!
  • Psycho_MychoPsycho_Mycho Posts: 64 Adventurer
    Hmm...psycho_mycho wonders what these rascals are up to. Better be careful, some of them look a little...weak. He cautiously hides the poison-tipped dagger in his cloak as he reaches within 50 meters  of the group.

    As he nears, he overhears that a hunt is what has everyone excited.

    "I'm in"
    "Do not trust everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
  • CeldCeld Posts: 1 Mendicant
    Count me in.
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 234 Hero
    edited November 2016
    An aged wrinkly man with whispy hair, no teeth, and a mad glint in his eye grins at TheWizard. The wind playfully unfurls his stained, smelly robe, and as you hide your eyes in horror the ancient old fellow squints in concentration, brow furrowed, before letting rip the most audacious, deep bass, horribly long winded flatulence you have ever heard.

    Just as you think he's finished, he makes eye contact with you, winks, and lets rip once again.

    His stank washes over TheWizard, who coughs, eyes watering. He glares at the old man.

    "You!" TheWizard says, with a sigh of resignation.

    "Yes!" Finjinimo replies with a gleeful cackle, "ME!"



    ...jiggly bits...
    Drakythe
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 177 mod
    (Oh lord, I missed your RP, Finji!)

    Drakythe observes the old madman climb aboard the ship and wrinkles his nose as the man tries what can only be described as a poison gas attack against the crew. Then Drak's brain seems to whisper of a man from the past...

    "Oh. Well this should be interesting."
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 61 Adventurer
    Finishes another quart of Rot-Gut-Ale, then pukes over the side of the raft.

    "Would yoou peopllle shtop moving...around s'much!"
    "This's why I 'ave been sthuck on this bleedin' con..conti..continet so long, damn boats."

    Looks over at @memelizer in the corner.  "Give m' 'ome of tha' orhound you got.  Come on boy I knows you 'ave 'ome...I an smell it from 'ere."
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 794 Wizard
    The wizard surveys this lot and now nods to himself, satisfied. He eye's @Finjinimo and sighs.

    "Well, there had to be one, I suppose. We'll find some use for him yet."

    He waits for @Psycho_Mycho to finish his approach and watches him climb aboard. He waves his hand near the edge of the raft slightly and the whole thing raises a bit up over the water. The party stirs, and shifts about nervously.

    "Don't worry, all. We won't need it on the way back. I wanted you to have a form you were familiar with before we headed into danger... but we won't be floating on water to the port."

    With that, he encourages everyone to hold on and the raft heads away from the shore, skimming right above the water, but not actually touching it.

    "Now then, I see we have an herbalist and several of those warrior-bent." He eyes @Broker's twin daggers. "And perhaps one of rogue-ish intent? And, ah-- one whose mind is far away." Finji chuckles and one of his eyes rolls out of focus.

    "But what else do we have? I can see many of your are bred adventurer, but I will need to know what skills we bring into this endeavor. If you would, please educate an old mage whose powers of observation aren't what they once were (OOC: they are) on what professions we have in our midst?"



    (OOC: remember, if you're reading this thread and would like to participate, feel free to jump in, it is not closed until the thread says it's closed explicitly. You can role-play in or simply say "I'm in" and we'll write you in!)
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 29 Adventurer
    "Make that two of rouge-ish intent" Owl pats his hounds "Tracking is the name of my game." He flourishes his throwing daggers before they disappear once more into his cloak. "If I do it right, my enemies never even know I was there. Besides, it's hard to focus on me with two sets of teeth flying at you." 
  • BrokerBroker Posts: 4 Mendicant
    "Aye, rogue-ish indeed."

    His daggers are once again revealed to the group as he shifts against the side of the raft. He notices the group staring at the sickly glow emanating from the daggers.

    "Poison." he explains. "Can't always trust a blade to do the job. This ensures my target doesn't get far. Perhaps I can work with the herbalist to devise some even nastier concoctions."

    His grin is only slightly unsettling.  
  • helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    (ooc seeing as im not a big rp type i kind of see myself as a long john silver type character so the cook who  watches and stays in the background keeping to myself  unsure if thats of any use )
    Touch my food, feel my Fork.
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 61 Adventurer
    edited November 2016
    "A brewer and a Brawler I be.  I guess that makes me a warrior, I will be at the front of the fight with mug of ale in one hand a some blood on the other."  Holding up his mug and fist.

    "The only reason I even showed up because your Chaotic hunt in the ruins proved fruitless...And you still owe me some daemon blood old man."
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • HollowHollow Posts: 37 MARKED
    "Blacksmith by trade good wizard. I'm proficient with the axe. I'm also known to dabble in magick of the black variety." 
    Waves his hand over the blade of his axe, causing it to glow a dark sickly green.




  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 86 mod
    I've found work on and off over the years as a wandering preceptor... mostly teaching those that had the coin the basics of the arcane. 
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 177 mod
    edited November 2016
    Drakythe starts and looks around.

    "Oh, I am a traveling teller of tales, gatherer of knowledge, and scribe." He gestures to the bow on his back, "For more martial matters, I rely on a keen eye and steady hands."
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 794 Wizard
    The wizard again nods to himself, satisfied that the group on board are up to the task (or at least, he thinks, a few are). 

    His face tightens a bit as the effort of his will shows. That will takes the hovering raft and propels it from shore, sometimes skimming the surface of the lake as they head toward the many jagged rocks that jut from it, a reminder that when the Collapse ensued, this once-pristine lake turned to a maze of hazards. 

    It's not long before they round the bend of the massive cliffs and their breath is taken from them at the sight of the  dwarves' Bridge, built so high above the lake that one can't even be seen upon it from their vantage. 

    "Two entrances to this most important of mountains, my friends. Below, the port we seek. Above, the best-guarded bridge in all of Siege. In between lies what I suspect will lead us to the answers about these... Marks that bring about such power in some and destruction in others.

    When the first Others came across the Breach just South of here, an explosion of Embers engulfed this coast and the dwarven port. They collapsed the entrance early, but inside... inside their hidden halls I suspect a concentration of Embers we've not seen in the outside world. 

    Or I haven't, anyway, and I've seen a great deal, I'll have you know."

    With that, the old man pulls down the brim of his hat and hurries the raft ahead.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 61 Adventurer
    Turns green.

    "I don' know if this is bet...ter or worse then...before."
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    Nezuja
  • ShukesShukes Posts: 1 Mendicant
    *eyes light up with hope* after seeing a boat approaching with a mixture of various desirables and a few perhaps of variety to the contrary.   Anything has to be better than bobbing up and down relentlessly in these unforgiving waters, and perhaps it would give him time to fabricate a better story for those at the college from whence he absconded from.  Perhaps if this rag-tag bunch had any mages amongst them they may even be able to assist in refining his 'walk on water' incantation whose unannounced abbreviated cessation got him in this ichorous predicament in the first place.
Sign In or Register to comment.