THE SIEGE HUNT

1235

Comments

  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer
    *NeoMeir notices the strange hairy man as he falls from above. He remains quiet as he observes Wolf's intensions. He is aware of the large man's bloodflow and knows that he is not here for blood(yet). So he turns his attentions to the task at hand continuing his movement with the party.*

  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 35 Adventurer
    As day breaks, SecretOwl finishes his breakfast and feed Luna and Solaris. He checks their magickly infused collars and ensures their paws are clear of any cuts or barbs. Placing a hand on each of thier heads he whispers, "Alright guys remember, we're headed underground so watch for falls and sharp rocks. And critters. Who knows what's down there."

    As the Hounds eat he restrings his bow and ensures his daggers are placed in their hiding spots. He hopes there won't be any combat, but he knows that's an empty wish. If the Dwarves are even still down there, who knows whether they are still sane. He can't even imagine living underground for so long.
    NeoMeir
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 801 Wizard
    The mage notices Wolf's gesture and nods back. Additional friendlies would be welcome once inside, particularly those with giant axes. He sends a message to Wolf to make it official.

    Hello, stranger-- you're among friends here. I can't guarantee your safety, but I can promise knowledge & perhaps a bit of power, should we survive.

    And with that, the area before the blocked entrance is filled with the party. The wizard looks about his friends.

    Where once was a door, now is only blockade and rubble. However, the clever Siege Dwarves once had great shafts of ventilation above and to the sides of the entrance. They are able to be closed off, but only by dwarf machinations. If those we intend to expel haven't found those methods, there's a chance we can slip in, though it will come to one-by-one, exposing us for a time. 

    Can anyone scale walls?

    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    NeoMeir
  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 35 Adventurer
    SecretOwl speaks up as he pulls a climber's kit out of his pack. "I should be able to make the trip so long as someone looks after these two" He gestures to Luna and Solaris. "They're not so good at scaling cliffs. I have the equipment for up to three of us should two more wish to assist." 
  • Psycho_MychoPsycho_Mycho Posts: 68 Adventurer
    PsychoMycho looks up at the towering cliff walls in front of him, remembering his times free scaling such obstacles as a youngling. Though he has been a bit out of practice as of late, the innate skill should come as naturally as sharpening a dagger or letting loose an arrow. Mycho, as he more commonly goes by, sheaths his dagger and cracks his knuckles.

    Aye, I can scale that wall for you. 
    "Do not trust everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    edited October 30
    Climbing be too much work, I'll watch yer 'ounds and act as yer belay.
    ...
    Anchor.

    Grabbing the end of a rope, he makes a loop and ties a quick figure 8.  Eyeing the burly newcomer he beacons him over. Giving quick instruction on how to work the knot, just in case, he then ties a second rope and readies himself to support his climber.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • CycotikWolfCycotikWolf Posts: 4 Mendicant
    He walks over and inspects the knot. Listens on how to work the knot and anchors himself next to @Evilteddy

    Who's going up?
  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer

    I will stay here but I leave my blessing upon you to come back safely *shakes hands with each of them and mumbles something about life and ropes (or was it binding)* [if hurt enables temporarily regeneration] 
  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 35 Adventurer
    edited October 30
    "Alright then let's do this!"
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 34 Adventurer
    edited October 30
    "I don't need rope I can climb this no problem."

    *proceeds to climb up to the point of entry*
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    "It's all well and good, ye can climb up thar without any rope, but if ye at least don' take some how do ye plan on gitten the rest of us an' our stuff up ther?"
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 34 Adventurer
    "it's called someone can throw it up to me when I get up there"

    *Continues to climb making it look very easy*
  • GladorGlador Posts: 39 Adventurer
    "Ill stay down here to keep guard, I hope you lads find something". Glador wanders around to the rest of the party not going up, sitting around the ashes of the nights fire that had burned out. He pulls out his sword and inspects his sword for nicks, he hadnt used it but it was a reflex to him. He re sheathed and lay back.......
  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer
    *NeoMeir sits across from Glador enjoying the warmth of the fire and staring blankly into the darkness* "They are fine for now" he says knowingly with a sigh.
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 801 Wizard
    Pleased with the immediate teamwork (we may survive this after all), the mage nods his assent to the climbers and waits as @SecretOwl & @Psycho_Mycho get anchored and head up to the left vent, while @Skwid takes the faster-but-more-perilous hand climb route to the right.

    With only a quick slip that was immediately saved, @Skwid makes it to his vent. A few minutes later the left vent duo arrive at theirs. The vents are angled against the westerly winds, allowing air in, but avoiding much of the whirling detritus from the lake and shore. 

    The vents should be large enough to fit one of medium build in, the wizard sends to each of them. Once inside, a grand entranceway will greet you, but the door will be blocked. You must search the passageways to the left and right of the grand entrance for a glyphed marking on the wall-- should be a short walk from the entranceway. Stay in the dark, don't engage if you see a Thrall and find the glyph. Once there, do not touch! I will send you instructions -- this is no ordinary switch.

    With that, he turns to the rest of the assembly. I hope they're quick about it. We're going to have visitors in a moment or two...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    What kind of visitor?  Ye seem a little too calm to make me be worried, but knowing you and that Hat, one can never be too cautious.

    After securing his rope to a nearby boulder, he calmly produces a bottle of whiskey and takes a couple large gulps.

    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • CycotikWolfCycotikWolf Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Ties his rope off to a large boulder. He walks over to the entrance of the carvern and grabs his axe off his back. He stares are all the rubble blocking the way and waits.
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 34 Adventurer
    *stays to the shadows and finds a glyph with people around it. Sends a telepathic message to @TheWizard found a glyph but there are people around it and I can take them out quickly and silently if needed*
  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer
    *NeoMeir stays by the fire rubbing his hands together and nods when the words were out of the mages mouth* "I hope it won't be too much trouble, but any idea what is coming this way O' mighty mage?"
  • Psycho_MychoPsycho_Mycho Posts: 68 Adventurer
    Upon arriving at the vent, Mycho struggled to untie the rope, nearly using his dagger to quicken the process. The struggle was short-lived though, and soon he squeezed through the vent, carefully landing the short drop into the grand entrance-way, and proceeded to quickly and quietly stay in the shadows. Whilst searching the left hand passageways with @SecretOwl, Mycho notices that @Skwid appears to have found the glyph in question. It appears that there is at least one Thrall near the glyph as well, though it is hard to make out in the dim lit entrance way. 

    Mentally talking to his party members, Mycho relays: Good job @Skwid locating the possible glyph. I'm going to continue searching the left hand passageways in case the one you found is a fake, and also to see what else...or who else...is in here as well. Remember to stay in the shadows!

    With that, Mycho continues searching the left hand passageways.
    "Do not trust everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
  • GladorGlador Posts: 39 Adventurer
    Glador stands quickly after the message from the mage. Loosening the sword in its sheath to make sure it was ready to go as there was "vistors" arriving soon. He scuttled over to @NeoMeir , as he knew if things got messy it was wise to have the experienced bloodmage near. The fire provided comfort as the two sat together awaiting whatever was to come.

    All good down here, was the message he sent.....
    NeoMeir
  • SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 35 Adventurer
    Once @Skwid finds what could be the glyph on the right side, SecretOwl leaves @Psycho_Mycho to continue searching the left side and circles back to support @Skwid. If the Thrall near @Skwid becomes aware of his presense, SecretOwl will jump out of the shadows and attempt to take him down. Otherwise he will remain silent and still in support.
    NeoMeir
  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 88 mod
    casts levitate
    floats up to the vents and peeks inside

    Seems like Skwid, Pyscho, and Owl are navigating the vents fair enough... I’ll hang back with TheWizard and ask him a few ...ahem... questions. 

    @TheWizard, what does this switch actually do?
    NeoMeir
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    Sees, the Mage @Nezuja appear out of no where and start asking @TheWizard questions.
    Starts to laugh so uncontrollably that he almost drops his booze.

    Is this te "visitor" yer talking about? I know neither ye nor te Hat be fond of the one mage to actually successfully Curse ya.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    NeoMeir
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 238 Hero
    Finjinimo stands ready, hands on hips, head held high. His gummy toothless mouth twisted in determination, his loincloth flapping ominously in the breeze.

    "Engage thralls, touch glyph." Finji mutters to himself, "Okay, got it. LET'S DO THIS!"

    With a blood-curdling enthusing the virtues of afternoon tea and biscuits, he charges off into the darkness.
    ...jiggly bits...
  • VersiveVersive Posts: 7 Mendicant
    edited November 2

    Versive recognized it in the nick of time: the heated temperament of youth, the determination born of many prior brute force victories, the confidence of a flapping loin cloth...

    The last time he witnessed this combination was shortly before Pals for Life, a group of heroes from a forgotten land, embarked on a quest with a neophyte recruit named Leeroyyy - no one returned alive.

    He did not know why Finji prepared to charge back into the darkness towards the boat but he knew that it was going to be a rather unsubtle endeavor.  With barely an audible sigh, Versive called upon a spirit to cloak Finji in silence.

    Evilteddy
  • GladorGlador Posts: 39 Adventurer
    edited November 2
    After being sufficiently warmed by the fire Glador moved over to @TheWizard asking "So what are these visitors we are expecting?"..... @TheWizard seemed to be deep within thought and wasn't paying attention.

    So he wandered back over to the comfortable rock he had been leaning against.
      
    "Didn't get anything out of him @NeoMeir ". That's when the butterflies erupted in his stomach.

  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer
    *NeoMeir looks at Glador with some concern then glances into the dark* "I wonder what is coming, friend or foe? Person or monster? I imagine we have to be ready for anything." *A long jagged dagger appears in NeoMeir's hand it glints red and seems to have a reservoir of fire opal on either side of the blade* "nervous people make mistake lets try to stay calm" *NeoMeir raises his hand to the party around the fire and they all feel a tingling calming sensation from the pits of their stomach to the top of their heads*
    "Nervous people make mistakes, we need to stay rational...for now.
  • 2Cool4U2Cool4U Posts: 3 Mendicant
    2Cool4U edged closer to the odd group of “adventurers”. So foolish—making such a ruckus, talking where, ahem, certain ears could hear, and for heaven’s sake, having a open fire? 2Cool4U had heard the rumors of the monsters that roamed this area; he was not the only danger this group would face if they kept this up.

    Cloaked, as always, he stealthily evaluated the party. 2Cool4U was quite impressed with the ease at which the climbers had scaled the rock face, and he was rather wary of the swords and daggers the group carried. Some of the party looked harmless, but looks could be deceiving (as 2Cool4U knew all too well).


    2Cool4U was about to creep closer when he noticed the distinctive point of a wizard’s hat. 
    Swearing quietly under his breath, he quickly backpedaled. Eyes and ears he could hide from, but magic was a more fickle thing. In his quiet escape he almost tripped over a pack one of the adventurers had left behind. Grabbing it, he made off into the darkness.

    When he was a ways off he peered into the pack. Two shiny daggers winked in the moonlight back at him. “Ahh,” he thought. “The one they call @SecretOwl will be missing these...” he chuckled as he crept away.
  • NeoMeirNeoMeir Posts: 15 Adventurer
    *NeoMeir senses life out in the darkness* "some one is here" *NeoMeir points toward the darkness were he senses the flow of blood in a beings veins* "fellows shall we take a look?" *Raising his weapon and grabbing a torch from his pack and igniting it from the fire*
Sign In or Register to comment.