A Card Game In Embermark

Yesterday in the Discord channel, I threw out an exhortation to the channel to come up with some ideas for the card game that exiles running around the various cities, towns and crossroads of Embermark might play.  "For fun or gambling?" @Evilteddy asked. Well, both, I say...

Thus far, there's been talk (amongst @drakythe, @dailydevil, @nezuja, @secretowl, @hollow, @hawkeye and @evilteddy, to name a few) of centering the play around the Houses of Embermark, the NPCs revealed thus far and the Classes that the game will let players play. It's very early in this discussion and already there are shenanigans afoot. I make no promises about this discussion, but what if-- just what if-- some interesting ideas pop up here.  Already, there are player-created items and NPCs designed in the game, even if those who created them don't know this already.  Why not a game within a game?

Herein, let's capture and discuss some of the ideas that get some enthusiasm or traction within Chat (if you're not already chatting in Discord, here's the link: https://discord.gg/eoe).  A card game in Embermark? Yes please...
TheWizard
I'll SMITE you
Tagged:
DrakytheHollow

Comments

• SecretOwlSecretOwl Posts: 23 Adventurer
    I'm in on helping develop this. So far we've been tossing around the idea of having 6 suits, one for each house and having them rotate each turn on which is strongest.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 6 Mendicant
    It could be an expansion after the initial release; making the world feel bigger
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 157 mod
    I really, really like this and am currently working on some more ideas. I'll try to write something organized and definite up later tonight. Looking forward to the things people come up with!
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 60 Adventurer
    Been working on a game, will have to run the 6 suits thing past my co-conspirator (mama bear) though.  But we sill definitely be needing use of the "Shen" banana card for our game.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • DailyDevilDailyDevil Posts: 1 Mendicant
    Hey guys, I'd like to thank @Drakythe and @Nezuja for their assistance with this. Threw together a quick idea for a possible Exiles card game, and would love your advice!
    HawkeyeGlador
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 738 Wizard
    edited March 31
    Nice-- u guys got after this design in Discord?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Hawkeye
  • GladorGlador Posts: 20 Mendicant
    Really like the idea Devil
  • LaniatarLaniatar Posts: 6 Mendicant
    I find it very interesting, it's could give more variety to the game when you get bored to fight, most of games prefer to stay in the same concept.  exited to see how it's will be organised. but i still think that it's not a priority and you should be more concentrate in your actual ideas before to try to developp something harder like a card game
  • GladorGlador Posts: 20 Mendicant
    Laniatar said:
    I find it very interesting, it's could give more variety to the game when you get bored to fight, most of games prefer to stay in the same concept.  exited to see how it's will be organised. but i still think that it's not a priority and you should be more concentrate in your actual ideas before to try to developp something harder like a card game
    Its mostly the community coming up with things at this point with the wizard listening
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 738 Wizard
    IGlador said:
    Its mostly the community coming up with things at this point with the wizard listening
    Indeed, and I'm impressed with the ideas flowing-- keep it rocking, and let's discuss in Discord how to move it into something Lore-ish that we can refer to, perhaps?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you