Will there be auto play?

The most popular games now allow the players to play the game on auto. Will we see auto play in this game? For instance, in Crusaders of Light you can tap the quest button and your character runs around completing the quest on its own. You are stronger and more efficient in manual mode but the game allowed you to play in manual or auto. 

Facebook  -  Twitter  -  Google+  -  Instagram  -  YouTube 

Best Answers

• HollowHollow Posts: 37 MARKED
    Accepted Answer
    Can I vote no?
    VarkingAPigBenis

Answers

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 796 Wizard
    Do you want that?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Varking
  • VarkingVarking Posts: 41 Adventurer
    I actually don't want auto play. At the time it seemed really convenient in CoL but I feel it sort of hurt the community aspect.

Right now everyone gets together at reset each day and we run zombie trains as we call them. It's where one person leads a group of afk people and they run each dungeon once, the daily 20 quests, kill 5 elementals, and complete two champion trials each day, all while the entire group is afk.

It takes about an hour and a half to do this. During this time there is minimal talking or none at all. During these hours would chat is basically dead. It becomes hard to know if people are actually online or not due to everyone doing everything automated. 

While it does mean I don't have to trudge through the boring stuff of grinding reputation or doing dailies I think it hurts the community overall. If it's there I'll use it so you don't fall too far behind the hardcore guys but I'd prefer it not be there.
    Yeah I love what I am hearing and reading about this game so far, including the youtube videos from previous events. It seems like everything is coming together very nicely!
  • KingkobblerKingkobbler Posts: 23 Mendicant
    I for one would prefer no autoplay, but I do like the idea of the bots owner in sparring get a reward as well though
    Varking
    I for one would prefer no autoplay, but I do like the idea of the bots owner in sparring get a reward as well though
    Depends on how it's implemented. There should be a limit to the rewards so you don't have houses using the same person over and over to boost them or give lots of rewards each night. Mobius Final Fantasy does this well. 
  • GladorGlador Posts: 32 Adventurer
    I'm adamantly against any kind of auto play other than the system of sparring which involves a active player and a bot version of the player. If you cant be bothered fighting for a 1 minute batch without losing interest then you have a bigger problem in life.
    Varking
    We were talking about how much you should be rewarded for fighting a bot, and how much the other player should be rewarded for you using his bot. Nobody said they lose interest after a minute of anything. 
  • GladorGlador Posts: 32 Adventurer
    I was answering your premise of the thread, which you were referring to a auto play system. I don't think my statement was out of line. Anyway referring to bots owner, I think that they shouldn't get a reward as I could see people abusing it. You should just get a report of who you fought against with some stats about how close it was ect.
    Varking
    The way it was set up in other games with bots is like:
    1) Player who attacks has an unlimited number of times they can fight a bot. But this player will only he rewarded ten times a day for attacking.

2) The player who attacks gets rewards based on difficulty of the bot. Is there an easy, medium, hard, extreme and so on? 

3) The player who gets attacked will get rewarded a small reward each time his bot is used up to ten times a day. After ten people can still attack it but you get no rewards.