Combat Test Feedback:

DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 204 mod
Have some non-bug related feedback for the devs, post it here!

Whats feedback look like? Well, consider the following questions:
How does the game perform on your device (slow, normal, smooth, etc)?
Is the interface understandable?
Does combat feel good to you?
Is something unintuitive and you feel it could be done better?

What isn't feedback:
"This game sucks"
"We waited this long for... this?"
"Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries!"
"Where is X feature?" -- This test is intended for PvP combat, please be aware that anything outside of that is presented as is, and the devs are not looking for that feedback currently.

Optional community feedback: Community member @SecretOwl is a stats hound at heart so is gathering as much data as he can without owning an iOS device himself. If you would like to contribute to his efforts please see this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/1lCQMwEUsZSFkxHihjt8b1L2-dqEa6tPsrqHz4eXLQ9k/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 263 Hero
    I kinda have some feedback for you Whizz-fizz and or Drakleberry.

I am very hung over. I receive email saying I'm invited to whizzies thingy. "Yeah, sick." I think to myself, and then am.

I fumble about on my ipad and get the thingy downloading. Then I think, maybe it's better to test it on my phone. That's a great idea, yeah! But alas, testflight says no. I can only redeem the invite once.

"Aw...", I thought. "Shame."

So yeah, be careful which device you click on your testflight doo-hickey.
    ...jiggly bits...
    Drakythe
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 836 Wizard
    this is such a classic Finjinimo post, I can't get over it.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Drakythe
  • DailyDevilDailyDevil Posts: 6 Mendicant
    Extensive feedback on EoE combat, gameplay, and UI so far
  • FanfanFanfan Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Is there a place where I can read about what MGT, WIS, GLE stand for?
    Game play is pretty smooth. I've battled about 20 times and it only crashed once. In the world mode, I take no damage, I'm assuming that is intentional.
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 204 mod
    Fanfan said:
    @Fanfan
    Check out http://exilesofembermark.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/245/closed-testing-pvp-read-me#latest and the 2 PDFs attached to it.
    Fanfan
  • SingmeAsongSingmeAsong Posts: 12 admin
    Fanfan said:
    They stand for Might, Wisdom, and Guile. 
    Fanfan
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 85 Adventurer
    edited April 20
    I am not a fan of the 6 loot chest limitation, I find this already holds me back from playing in the arena more.  I have even opened the game seen I still had time till I could collect loot during battle and thusly closed the game.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    Evilteddy said:
    I am not a fan of the 6 loot chest limitation, I find this already holds me back from playing in the arena more.  I have even opened the game seen I still had time till I could collect loot during battle and thusly closed the game.
    Do the chests renew all at once?

What if they renewed every hour, up to a maximum?

I wonder if also we're feeling the drag because opening chests is the only real motivator right now. When there is more to do crafting etc, maybe relying on chests won't matter as much.
    ...jiggly bits...
  • VersiveVersive Posts: 8 Mendicant
    I am enjoying the test so far.  The graphics are pleasing and the pacing of combat meets the objective of the game.  Here are my suggestions:

1. Skill Placement - I want to be able to easily move an already equipped skill to another slot.  Unless I am missing something, the only way to move an equipped skill somewhere else is to find an unequipped skill,  equip it into the slot of the skill that I want to move (this appears to be the only way to unequip) and then move it into the target slot.  My reason for wanting to move skills around is that when I find a nominal 'cast' order, I'd like to put the skills into a sequence based on their slot placement.

2. Chest Refresh - Suggestion, give each character a lower chest cap (e.g. 4) but enable 1 chest to refresh every X amount of time.  As a developer, this gives you two options to reward players (i.e. premium subscription or perhaps equipment bonuses) the first is an increase on the chest cap and the second is a modification to the refresh timer.  

3. Damage Explanation - I am uncertain if I am dealing with a bug... during some battles my spells do a fraction of the damage that they would otherwise do (numeric and not just the visual graphic).  I don't think that this is stance related but I do not know what causes it.  As a player, I need some way to discover if/how/why I am being effective or ineffective otherwise my improvement path is much more uncertain (i.e. is my opponent wearing mitigating gear, is my opponent using a mitigating skill, is my opponent more lucky, or is it a bug?)

4. Chat notification - I think that the chat itself is fine so far but you may consider a feature where if your account/character is named by another player in chat, a notification dot appears on the chat button.

5. Spell / Skill differentiation - I like the different spell graphics.  Thus far, some of the spells do not feel very differentiated.  By that I mean that several skills do a point of two of damage and generate a point or two of the same resource - does it make a difference that one is based on fire and the other based on ice?  Perhaps that comes later or perhaps that explains the damage problems that I described above.

6. Early Skill Mix - As a mage, I do not have much opportunity to change stances at least among the first two skill tiers.  You may want to give each class at least one of each stance option early on.

7. Steal - I don't know if this is a bug or an unimplemented feature.  There is a tier two mage skill that involves a 1-point steal.  I assumed that I was stealing my opponent's health but my own health score did not change.

Keep up the good work Wizzy.
    Laniatar
  • wmcnzwmcnz Posts: 6 Mendicant
    Core game loop is clear and works well. Generate to consume, plus side effects gives you access of design space to triangulate and balance abilities. Bravo!

Early mage options feel a little limited but if we assume tier 1&2 are the tutorial then that's fine.

Sometimes the animation vs damage number timing is off, which affects the kinetic feel of combat. And the finishing blow always has a super-long pause after icon press before the animation starts. Starting immediately but using slow-mo would work better.

I'm enjoying this already.
    I’m on arena 4 and out of the last 4 battles, I’ve lost 3. I noticed a pattern with each loss, I would not see how much damage I’ve inflicted and my opponent’s HP increases when I hit.

I enjoy being able to customize my character to what I like. My negative feedback would be not understanding why I’m losing (and if it’s simply because I’m too weak, that’s ok).
  • drglorydrglory Posts: 32 Adventurer
    Following DD's lead, I have compiled my notes a bit more extensively.
    Laniatar
    Feedback --

I don't think I like how dependent on gear we seem to be. I think gear should supplement your build and abilities, not BE your build.

I would have said something similar about TC way back in the day. Gear should plus your strategy, but you shouldn't be relying on drops to be successful.

...jiggly bits...
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 85 Adventurer
    Shields are practically useless. - most have absolutely 0 stats and the few that do have 0 Pwr making duel wield always the better option.

2H weapons are weak. - The 2H weapons have attacks equal to the 1 handed weapons making it pointless to wield a 2H weapon (once that is fixed).

It would be nice if during battle matching I would not be repeatedly matched against the same opponent.  It absolutely sucks to get matched up with the same person you cannot beat over and over again, rage quit worthy sometimes.  It is also boring to be matched repeatedly with someone that you destroy repeatedly.

The dungeon was enjoyable in PVE and I have enjoyed the story line thus far.

What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    Dual Wielding: Advantage -- You win. Disadvantage -- None.
    Everything Else: Advantage -- none. Disadvantage -- You lose.

Variety is the spice of life no?
    ...jiggly bits...