Hellos - Introduce Yourself

Comments

• DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 176 mod
    edited March 10
    Wolf said:
    Im wolf,  season lurker.  Howlll do you do? Excited to see this game unfold.
    Welcome to Embermark, Wolf! Glad to have you aboard.

I see you're already in Discord, look forward to talking :)
  • MyranMyran Posts: 3 Mendicant
    My name is Myran and come from WOW,Rift & Terra so curious to see what you got.
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 789 Wizard
    Greetings and welcome @Myran! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

For discussion and early looks at lots, hop into the Discord Channel here: https://discord.gg/Qne8hdj
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Myran said:
    My name is Myran and come from WOW,Rift & Terra so curious to see what you got.
    Hi there! Glad to have your aboard @Myran!

I never did play Tera, how did that 'action combat' thing actually work out in practice?
  • DraughrDraughr Posts: 1 Mendicant
    Hello.. old school gamer who is a new school convert
    heya @Draughr, welcome-- hope you enjoy the game and the community!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Hi there, @Draughr! So what kind of Old School games did you enjoy playing?
  • GladorGlador Posts: 31 Adventurer
    Hey all I'm Glador.

Just found out about this game on reddit through a post The Wizard did about a month ago. Really excited reading through all of this content that is on the website and you can catch me on here or on the Exiles discord :)
    Drakythe
    welcome welcome. RPG fan, I'm guessing? You should let us know what you like in this favorite games thread...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • FallenFallen Posts: 2 Mendicant
    Hey everyone Fallen here,

I'm a firefighter/ paramedic who has always loved game mostly classic RPGs, and any scifi or fantasy book. When I'm not playing games, reading, spending time with my wife and kids or at work you'll find me rock climbing.

I'm very excited to have run into this game especially in this phase of development. I hope I am able to participate in the closed beta as I think this game has everything I'm looking for in an IOS game especially for my job. I need content and depth while being able to do so in short bursts so I can put it down when I have to go on a call.

Cant wait to get more involved with the community, and see more of the game! 
    TheWizard
    Welcome Fallen! Good to see that you have joined Discord. If you have sent TheWizard a PM with the right details then you should be good to go when closed testing starts.

Hope to have a chat with you and I would advise to have a look at dev blogs and the discussions on the forums if you haven't already to get a in depth look at what the dev team are trying to do.
    Hi there, @Fallen. @Glador has the right of it, if you've sent @TheWizard a PM then you're on the list for potential testers.

This sounds like the perfect game for you, given your busy lifestyle, so please do give feedback where you have opinions, I'm sure the devs (and the game) will benefit greatly from it!
  • FallenFallen Posts: 2 Mendicant
    Thanks man. I'm just delving into the content on the forums but I'm very excited to be able to share my opinions on how to make this game work for someone in my situation. 
  • kUrDoCkkUrDoCk Posts: 1 Mendicant
    Hey, I'm Kurdock and I usually play Vainglory, with some Clash Royale, Shadowverse CCG and Arcane Legends mixed in depending on my mood. I've forgotten if I sent TheWizard a PM before to be one of The First since that was months ago, but whatever I hope I'll be able to join you guys in making the first footsteps on Embermark :D 
    Welcome @kUrDoCk Hope too see you around on discord :)
  • SlouchynutSlouchynut Posts: 2 Mendicant
    What's going on Slouchynut here! Read this on Reddit iOSgaming. Pretty pumped on trying this game out. Been a good 5 years since I've played an rpg. Runescape and DDO player. Is there somewhere specific to sign up for a potential beta access when there is one?
    @Slouchynut Welcome! and yes there is. If you send a Private Message to @TheWizard with your email address and device, he'll get you on the list for possible inclusion in Alpha/Beta

In the mean time be sure to check out the Discord server: https://discord.gg/Qne8hdj -- we're a generally friendly bunch who love to talk.
  • SlouchynutSlouchynut Posts: 2 Mendicant
    @Drakythe pretty gnarly community so far. Thanks for the direction for the beta!
    Drakythe
  • BritfoxBritfox Posts: 5 Mendicant
    I'm just a guy who saw this advertised and thought it sounded cool! Can't wait to give it a try! :)
    What is it? Dragons?
    TheWizard
  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 85 mod
    Britfox said:
    I'm just a guy who saw this advertised and thought it sounded cool! Can't wait to give it a try! :)
    Welcome to the party Britfox! Lots of conversation happens on the forums and on the Discord channel. Hope to see you around!
  • wmcnzwmcnz Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Hi guys I'm Will - already introduced myself on discord. I'm a long time tabletop role player and gamer, and this looks great. Recently been playing Baldurs Gate on ipad and Star Wars galaxy of Heroes on phone. 

So so ready for this :)
    Greetings to @Britfox and @wmcnz! Glad to have you guys on board.

@Britfoxwhere did you see the game advertised? I noticed the Facebook post has been getting more and more likes recently.

@wmcnz Nice, I play GoH too. How is Baldur's gate? I've heard mixed things about the controls.
    Britfox
  • wmcnzwmcnz Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Hey @Drakythe - thanks for the welcome.

Cool - been playing GOH since Christmas and just getting into the 80s / gearing up for hAAT. Good game but so freaking aggressive on the monetisation.

Baldur's Gate - I'm biased because it was one of the first ever CRPGs I played back in school 20 years ago, and because I'm a tabletop D&D junky. But for me the ipad version is freaking awesome and they did a great job on the controls. Worth it.
  • BritfoxBritfox Posts: 5 Mendicant
    Yes @Drakythe I saw this advertised through facebook, It looked cool so I decided to follow it up.
    What is it? Dragons?
    Drakythe
    wmcnz said:
     Good game but so freaking aggressive on the monetisation.
    Really? Thats interesting. I play it, and know 3 others in my office who do and none of us have spent a dime on it. What do you feel is aggressively monetized about it?

Also, for context, have you played any other games similar to this? (Summoners War, Dungeon Hero, Legendary, etc)
  • Wizard_MikeWizard_Mike Posts: 3 Mendicant
    Hi folks!  I've been following news via the TouchArcade forum for quite some time, but finally decided to poke my head in over here. Can't wait for this game!  
    Hi folks!  I've been following news via the TouchArcade forum for quite some time, but finally decided to poke my head in over here. Can't wait for this game!  
    Hi there, Mike! Glad to have you aboard officially. Be sure to pop into discord if you've got the inclination to join a bunch of shenanigans and the devs chatting (AMA Tomorrow evening at 5:30 CST)
  • NezujaNezuja Posts: 85 mod
    Welcome @Wizard_Mike! Welcome to the forums and to the world of Embermark!
  • blanksblanks Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Hi! My username is Blanks, but I came across this title offhanded in a conversation at GDC2017, then saw an article on pocket tactics that reminded me to check this title out.

Really looking forward to development, and to see where this goes! If it really jives with me, I really want to be more active in the community and help spread the word!
  • golgothgolgoth Posts: 3 Mendicant
    Hi all! Liking the concept so far! Can't wait to see how this game develops!