When will i be able to get my toes wet ?(expected schedule)

JUST because i really looking forward to playing and as patient as i am i like to have a idea of when i be able to stick my toes in the water hmmm.......? @thewizard if this is in wrong place out of context or just wrong please feel free to delete move or change it :persevere: 
Touch my food, feel my Fork.

Comments

• helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    Also is there a chat room coming ?
  • drglorydrglory Posts: 32 Adventurer
    I kinda expect it to take a few months before we see anything solid.
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 264 Hero
    I assume it's still 1-2 years away. Everything seems to be in the very earliest stage of planning.
    ...jiggly bits...
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 838 Wizard
    Definitely a fair question, @helpicantfly, as we haven't posted anything about the timing yet. @SingmeAsong ;and I decided we'd start the community up AS we go through the entire development process rather than near the launch. We're going to bounce our designs off you and share the drama along the way.

So from a development standpoint, we're just in pre-production right now-- developing prototypes, mapping out our systems and developing the world. The art will be coming together quickly, and I'm going to share some things this week as we work through them.

Finji & Doc have the right of it-- you'll start to see the protos and work-in-progress stuff shortly, but the game itself will take some months to get to a Beta-- and you all here, of course, will receive the first invitations...

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Skwid
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 35 Adventurer
    So will it be mobile or cross platform? 
    Definitely mobile, potentially others.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 35 Adventurer
    Alright cool. 
  • XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
    I'm much more interested, as far as 'wet toes' in the idealism of potential handlending in the character and class development system team area and maybe crafting team area of the production teams, if any myself Wiz. Much like on TC, I was very handson in the craftsmanship potential in potential new dev stuff but since I'm only really on ideas person, all I can really lend is my ability to theorycraft character and class design alongside the schematics of character skill and combat system paramaters to potentially adapt to what you're using.
    great news glad to be in on the ride cheers for the info @TheWizard ;
  • shortschrisshortschris Posts: 4 Mendicant
    Absolutely agree, love reading all the ideas people are putting forwards. Will it be criss platform mobile? Android, iPhone and windows phone users all playing together in the same world? Would love it if I could chat and work with friends using different device types!
    We'd love that as well. Right now, we're experimenting with builds, so I can tell you we'll be on iOS devices (Apple) for sure and the others maybe. The good news is that we're using Unreal Engine 4, which does a nice job with cross-platform... (and stay tuned, we'll report on this particular topic as we get further in)
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    shortschris
    @TheWizard as long as i can play it from my tablet i be happy .
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    TheWizard said:
    so I can tell you we'll be on iOS devices (Apple) for sure and the others maybe.
    Even if it's just a maybe, this makes me so happy. :D
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    Would a probably make you more happy?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    TheWizard said:
    Would a probably make you more happy?
    Almost as happy as possible. Only a definitely could top that. :D
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    Haha, then when it moves from "probably" to "definitely" you will be the first to know!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • KjelfalconerKjelfalconer Posts: 99 Adventurer
    I second joy at the probably not just apple. Because if it is just Apple, Kjel will not be playing it. Ive never owned a thing made by apple, and I have no intention of changing that. At least devils are honest about their contracts.
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
    Haha fair enough, Kjel. The good news is that we're doing this game in Unreal Engine 4 which makes things somewhat easier for going across platform.
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you