Raids, Army battles, PvE, World Bosses and Houses oh my!

I figured this would be a great little corner to discuss a thought that came to mind. The single player combat of EoE is well underway and looking fancy and fun and glamorous but I wonder, is @TheWizard contemplating potential mechanics for dealing for things such as House v House, A WORLD BOSS HAS APPEARED, Large Scale Combat Challenges for lewts of you vs lots of enemies, or Dungeons filled with loots and big baddies but, it's too stronk for one man alone, so he must invite friends, or When Countries go to war, whose side will you choose and how will battle interaction be determined? Each One I feel is separate and needs it's own potential discussion but here is a corner for all of them so GO

1. House v House: Gryfindor vs Slyth- Ahem, I mean, Whatever our nonrevealed Houses are, besides quests, various politics and such, will there be potential mechanics for all out House v House Combat

2. World Boss: When a World Boss Appears mechanic. I've seen this in pretty much....umm...everywhere. It's a neat mechanic though. A dude with godly stats just drops in to say hello, how's the kids, are you ready to die? Turns out, you need everyone in the world to put him in timeout until his next respawn. 

3. PvE Challenge: Think of it like a better version of Test Your Might(Anyone who gets this reference gets a cookie, and gets the real referrence and not the cheap one) basically, instead of 1v1, it's say. Idk. 1v100. You fight like, 100 enemies at once. Come on, take a risk, be tough. And yes, you get a few trinkets to hit a few of them at a time.

4. Dungeon Raids: Ahhh, WoW made these famous, now no-one can even do them right. Maybe we can give em a crack. Our format might not work em but I figured might as well bring them up.

5. War: When a War breaks out and it's Demacia vs Nox- (kicked) Ahem, anyway, point being, if one is to employ a potential mechanic for 'warzone' mechanic in which, under normal circumstances, you couldn't normally just fight anyone unless you got permission or something )Think of it like, outside Warzones is NO PKing but in a Warzone, anything goes.) In addition, potential to set up ambushes and catch people off guard lets warzones become hunting grounds for skilled players.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, thoughts?
TheWizard

Comments

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 830 Wizard
    Well, as usual, mr @Xeru, you're way ahead of the game. I can confirm we're working on 1, 2 and 4, though with our unique manner of 1v1 combat. 

For 3, we're doing that as a "run," where you fight a series of baddies, but your HP doesn't regenerate. So the further you make it, the better your reward or recognition or what-have-you.

These are all in various states. For 5, there isn't a concept of being "in" a zone-- rather, you navigate through the World Map the way you would a Google Map, but zooming in at different levels get you different levels of detail and exploration (and available adventuring). BUT I like the way you think. We were thinking about wars as a House thing so far...

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
    TheWizard said:
    Well, as usual, mr @Xeru, you're way ahead of the game. I can confirm we're working on 1, 2 and 4, though with our unique manner of 1v1 combat. 

For 3, we're doing that as a "run," where you fight a series of baddies, but your HP doesn't regenerate. So the further you make it, the better your reward or recognition or what-have-you.

These are all in various states. For 5, there isn't a concept of being "in" a zone-- rather, you navigate through the World Map the way you would a Google Map, but zooming in at different levels get you different levels of detail and exploration (and available adventuring). BUT I like the way you think. We were thinking about wars as a House thing so far...

Perhaps Different Houses can have a sort of 'revenge' button for people adventuring in a Houses zone without permission/ rival House. Revenge system being that person gets a 'Are you sure you want to adventure here?" box for trying to zoom and adventure in areas near A. a Rival House or B. Any house they didn't pay the 'toll' for. If they do the mission, successful or not, a little blip appears in the camp for anyone of that House and if they click it, they can attack said individual. being 'attacked' damages you and makes you lose a set % of monies, or w/e. Point being, perhaps the so called 'Zones' can be a defensive radius for the Houses. Risk and reward for both sides if you will. If House Wars initiate, the radius becomes much larger along with other triggers that would be engaged