Ask a Wizard!

XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
Okies, I know we all want to cram in random things to ask and sometimes, even if it's just a bump, it can create clutter. So, here is a thread specifically for making such requests or asking questions that are otherwise too small to be their own thread.

So @TheWizard ;

For us Continuum folks, I have this curiousity. As someone who knows the feeling of a loved project falling off, i can empathize with how you feel or at least sympathize but I'm wondering, what inspired you to get back on the horse so to speak?

Comments

• DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    My question is, do you guys still have all the codes for TC? 

If so how big would a kickstarter need to be, to relaunch it?

:D
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 804 Wizard
    Good thread, @xeru

To your question, I'd say it was just how much fun I have making games. As you know, I love worlds, lore, characters and such, and games are a unique way to let people explore those things. I was all beaten up when I had to shut TC down, and I still have this poster on my wall in my office:

(yes, that's $50 in pennies. Don't ask...)

But I never lost the taste for doing more. And I loved our community. And I love making things. So it wasn't so much that I was inspired to get back in the saddle, it was more that I couldn't help myself. And that's why we're here now, talking about Embermark and what it can be... 
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    @Darggie To your question, yes, we have all of that stuff, but the world has moved on since then, so there really isn't useable stuff from TC, other than the lore and art and the gameplay that we all remember. And I'd very much like to revisit it again one day, but we have another world to finish first!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    TheWizard said:
    @Darggie To your question, yes, we have all of that stuff, but the world has moved on since then, so there really isn't useable stuff from TC, other than the lore and art and the gameplay that we all remember. And I'd very much like to revisit it again one day, but we have another world to finish first!
    That's good enough for me. If the day ever arrives that you guys feel is the right time to revisit it, I'll be there.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
  • XeruXeru Posts: 93 Adventurer
    @TheWizard

Just a friendly fistbump for above threads for when you get the chance my friend :)

it's chaotic lately I know :)
    Hey @xeru, apologies that I haven't gotten you answers on those-- they're on my radar, so I'll get on them as soon as I can! In the meantime, get in on the Design Quest's Flora Fauna (coming today).
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • bluetofubluetofu Posts: 9 Mendicant
    Will there be races in the game? 
     :* 
    There will be tons of races on the NPC side, but player characters will be human starting out. The narrative will make that make sense but also-- we're using two base models (male and female) in the game because there's TONS of equipment for mixing and matching...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    bluetofu
  • bluetofubluetofu Posts: 9 Mendicant
    TheWizard said:
    There will be tons of races on the NPC side, but player characters will be human starting out. The narrative will make that make sense but also-- we're using two base models (male and female) in the game because there's TONS of equipment for mixing and matching... 
    Sounds good enough for me.  :D
     :*