Design Quest 1: You Design The Zone (coming this week)

TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 806 Wizard
As we've discussed, there will be many opportunities to weigh in on the design of Exiles (in fact, we've been discussing which things you most want to get in on here).

It's almost time to roll up our sleeves and have a little fun with Zone Design (a Zone in Exiles is a region of the World Map where you will go on Quests, slay each other and experience the power of Lore).

This Friday, we'll start jumping in on the first of many Design Quests that you are invited to help with. 

Exile: "What's a Design Quest, Wizard?"
Wizard: "Well, it's a cross between an opportunity for you to have a direct impact on the game world and a way for us to discuss the evolving Lore of the game. When you participate in a Design Quest (by posting in its thread with ideas/responses/suggestions), you get the Design Quest BADGE in the forums, which entitles you to a special Design Quest in-game treat when the game launches."
Exile: "Why don't you tell me what the treat is?"
Wizard: "Because we have to get a little further into the game's design before I accidentally give you something that breaks the game... or even worse, has no real value."
Exile: "FIIINE, I'll bite. What do you need?"

I just need you to do what you always do-- jump in with suggestions and ideas. On Friday, I'll outline the need for the Zone (we will be populating it with NPCs, flora/fauna and some basic history) and then offer a series of questions and polls. You will then surprise the magicks out of me with your insight and imagination. And then it will become so (caveat: for the most part) in the game.

You in?
TheWizard
I'll SMITE you
snufftbunzEvilteddyAlyxe

Comments

• DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 180 mod
    I eagerly await details and holes to fill, and opinions to spout. This will be fun. And having been around long enough to remember a certain player creation winding up in a cameo role, gives me a bit of the warm fuzzies. 
  • snufftbunzsnufftbunz Posts: 8 Mendicant
    Oh I am SO DOWN for this. Can't wait to give you my feedback m8! The hype is real & the ideas are already whirling!
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    I've done a lot of world building for D&D. So this sounds super exciting.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 240 Hero
    Is it one day only? Or can I jump in Sunday my time?
    ...jiggly bits...
  • joekyjoeky Posts: 54 Adventurer
    @wiz, Finally!....it's time to continue our journey....
  • SkwidSkwid Posts: 35 Adventurer
    I'm in
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 806 Wizard
    Finjinimo said:
    Is it one day only? Or can I jump in Sunday my time?
    You shall not miss out, Mr Finji. It will go on over the course of a week or so!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    Cannot to fill it full of Tims and Smeerps.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
  • MusashiMusashi Posts: 10 Adventurer
    Already have a bit of a design doc ready for this to be quite honest... XD
    Musashi
    The Continuum Veteran
    Youtuber/Live Streamer
    TheWizard
  • TalinTalin Posts: 22 Adventurer
    I am in!
  • TerheytTerheyt Posts: 37 Adventurer
    Expect me to jump in... eventually. Friday is my deadline to turn my script Draft 1.5 into Draft 2.0 and send it to the beta readers again, after which I will have spare brain cells for things like eating, drinking, sleeping, and having fun with friends doing stuff like this.
     First among the Smitten. The few, the proud, the slightly squished.
    Its Friday.....
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 240 Hero
    Yeah Wizz Fizz, it's 11pm on Friday in Finji Time. y u not give us outline yet?!
    ...jiggly bits...
    EvilteddyDrakythe
    @finjinmo : care to join me beer & chips while we wait?
    I got time to kill lmao
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 67 Adventurer
    beer? 
    /brings over his quart mug
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    Bring in a barrel
    *The old man looks up from his parchments and sees his friends.

Oh! Hello- indeed we will embark today but I am preparing series of questions and threads for you in a as-yet unrevealed sub-category (spoiler: called "Design Quests"). This afternoon, it will be begin!

(with apologies to our intercontinental brothers and sisters)
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Evilteddy
    Sounds great. I'll remain waiting.
    @wiz, Joeky rolling another barrel towards your direction...chill mate, we will continue rolling D20
  • KjelfalconerKjelfalconer Posts: 99 Adventurer
    Early evening here. Still waiting =p 

Ah, none of us being anywhen near each other. It's just like the old days.
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • KingkobblerKingkobbler Posts: 23 Adventurer
    The anticipation!!!!!! 

TheWizard