What is a "Mark?"

TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 830 Wizard
Hmm, something to do with Embers or something...

/mumbles to himself as he paces and ponders

You will want these, oh yes. Have a guess at what they are and do?
TheWizard
I'll SMITE you

Comments

• FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 245 Hero
    Some kind of physical manifestation of magic?

Controlling one gives you Genie from Aladdin levels of power?

Or is it like element? A form of currency, and power, and what we are all fighting over.

...jiggly bits...
    TheWizard
  • joekyjoeky Posts: 54 Adventurer

Mark : trophies from Boss monsters that was killed by you...

Mark : keys to secret dungeon 

TheWizard
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 70 Adventurer
    The last thing we see before getting smited?
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    TheWizard
  • helpicantflyhelpicantfly Posts: 111 Adventurer
    the last remains of the previous era containing strong powers, clues,guide to old magic,information,lore.
    Touch my food, feel my Fork.
  • TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 830 Wizard
    ah yes, some of these are very close, and there will be more on the Embers as well. Did you notice the color and shape?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • KjelfalconerKjelfalconer Posts: 99 Adventurer
    Probably a way to power up the brands that have been mentioned in other places. But it does look very much like a fang, so it might be harvested from a beastie of some description.
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
    good point @Kjelfalconer-- the object upon which the Mark sits is important, but not the core. The Mark itself is the key...

and you'll get them from beastie's yes but they form the basis for the reason why you're a hero in Embermark...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Fangs / Horns of group boss fight...open into secret chamber
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    Marks, I feel will be a sort of "power", Maybe not like an ability, but something that brings the power out in you. 

Sort of like how some games have talents you unlock at specific levels, I feel like Marks will have level requirements attached to them, as well as the places you can be marked unlocking at specific levels or story line quests. 

Some marks will more then likely be hard to come by, or rare. Some will probably be from raid boss fights that dozens and dozens of people fight against. Others can be acquired by uncovering secret areas and things.
    If we are the heroes of Ember"mark", they more then likely play a large part in the story and how we become heroes. To me that means gaining ability or power from the marks. 

Which if the above is true, it is another way to customize your character, and might be a way to "see" how a player is spec'ed before you fight them to prepare properly. Which is something Wiz is always alluding too, being able to plan against an opponent. 

Well looking at their "Marks", that tell what abilities they might have, is a great way to implement that.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    @darggie ;
    interesting analysis...
    maybe the "heros" are exiles or outcast...but only these selected exiles can be heros
    agree, good stuff in there @darggie and some is right on the mark (see what I did there). and on @joeky's side, yes-- we're forming the lore around the exiles idea and what makes your player characters worthy/able to bear a mark. But note that marks are also on other things...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    So are marks what make Primordial get bigger and turn into Chaotics as well? 
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
  • KjelfalconerKjelfalconer Posts: 99 Adventurer
    I see where this is going. Its the fang of a monster that has a mark itself. The rune isn't just generically magical, it's an actual embermark, isn't it?
    "Now remember kids- If you don't use environmentally friendly technology, a giant technicolour inter-dimensional ghost squid will come down from space and eat everybody."
    @wiz : THUMBS UP on the "exiles" concept...now am intrigue by the idea of Exiles /Outcast / Damned/ Fallen/ Cursed!!!

embermark: maybe these exiles are cursed by the bloodline of their forefather when their forefather defeated The Chaotic in the past...the scars/ Vein / eyes of the exiles will glow ember when they in a rage? And maybe because of that, they become "the Mark" of High Value in the Slavery Market
    @darggie, mmmmaybe. but I don't want to ruin our RP thread.

@kjelfalconer is smart.

@joeky thanks! You are all Exiles (in the game world), and the origin and power of Marks will be revealed over time. You guys are on many of the right tracks...

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you