Techs Mex Specks?

Hello,

I was wondering if you have a rough idea of the kind of hardware I'll need to be able to run this doo-hickey.

Do I need military grade awesome pimped out to the max phone?

Or can I run it on my brick (I tend to communicate by throwing rocks at people).

Any ball-park type approximation in this regard would be super sexy.

*emoticon signature*

...jiggly bits...

Comments

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 836 Wizard
    Excellent question.

For iPhones, will probably be the iPhone 5 or better.

For Android, I don't yet know, but it will be on Android, oh yes.

We're also exploring PC for extra cross-platforminess.

What phone do you have?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 259 Hero
    I have an iphone 4s, which I'm pretty sure is past its designed failure point. Lot's of stuff has stopped working on it, like buttons and the on-off switch.

There's something beautiful about things that are built to last, alas, the iphone is certainly not one of them.

...jiggly bits...
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 80 Adventurer
    hmmm...well I guess I will need to convince the Wifey that I actually do need a new phone then.
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    TheWizard
  • TerheytTerheyt Posts: 37 Adventurer
    /e clings to her Blackberry Passport with the Grip of Steel

You'd better make the PC version if you want me to play :P
     First among the Smitten. The few, the proud, the slightly squished.
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    I'll probably need to upgrade my android. But that's okay. I need a new phone anyways.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    Terheyt said:
    /e clings to her Blackberry Passport with the Grip of Steel

You'd better make the PC version if you want me to play :P
    that's part of the plan, but, um, you are clinging to a BLACKBERRY (would use an emoticon if he believed in them).
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • EvilteddyEvilteddy Posts: 80 Adventurer
    I got you covered wizzy
    What's better then making good beer?
    Drinking good beer!
    TheWizard
  • TerheytTerheyt Posts: 37 Adventurer
    Anyone who snickers at my awesome and amazing phone gets cut off from the Good Stuff indefinitely.

I ADORE every Blackberry I've ever used. They're designed as tools, not toys, and show it in every single design decision. As an engineer, I seriously appreciate that. They are intuitive, adaptable, secure and durable.

My first Blackberry got run over by a bus in the first month I had it, then continued to work perfectly for 4 more years with no repairs required.  My battery charges from under 10% to full in 3 hours, and then lasts 3 days before I need another charge. When in my semi-basement apartment, I have no problems taking calls on the Blackberry, as the antenna is good, but none of my friends can get a signal on their android or apple devices. 

The Passport's screen is huge, and I can split-screen documents when working. The physical keyboard is insanely practical for people with nerve damage like I suffer. When I first lost the use of my fingers (pinky and ring fingers on either hand are non-functional) I stopped being able to type on a computer, but could still type at my regular rate on the Blackberry keyboard with my thumbs, accurately and with my whole vocabulary, to the extent that my entire last script was written on it. I cannot do that on a touch-screen, they simply aren't accurate enough or built for long messages, and I waste far too much time having to go back and edit. 

I have tried using a Samsung Galaxy 5 for 7 months, and an iPhone 5 for 3 months, and found myself doing less and less with my phone except make calls, as the keyboards and interfaces were so user UNfriendly, compared to what I was used to. And, as referenced above, they were less practical for phone calls, too. 

So yes, I am clinging to the best phone I have ever used, and will continue to do so, while looking down my nose at people who judge good technology on hype rather than actually trying it out for themselves.

First among the Smitten. The few, the proud, the slightly squished.
    Do i get cut off if I simply glance at it askance? /ducks

OK, well the PC angle is something that's coming up a lot lately, and taking it to PC is work, but not out of the realm of reality. In fact, it might be a great addition. But tell me-- would playing a game in profile (rather than landscape) on PC seem odd, or would you care?
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • DarggieDarggie Posts: 125 Adventurer
    I wouldn't care. I play a lot of games in smaller windows, it actually allows me to do other things while playing. I generally require myself to be multi-tasking to do something, or I have trouble focusing on it.
    They call me the Crier. No, I don't cry a lot. I deliver news you uncouth barbarian.
    fair enough. I'll put that in the "pro" column for the consideration of PC...
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you