Earning Titles

HollowHollow Posts: 38 MARKED
How do you all feel about the ability to earn titles in EoE?

This would be as recognition for landing somewhere between 1-10 in global events per house. Just another way to -
customize your character.
show devotion to your house.
show the amount of work that has been put into a specific event.
 Just a thought. I'm sure it's been discussed with the Dev team.

Obviously these titles could be interchanged once earned and would be event specific.
(For example: Hollow The Exile , Hollow The Swift, Holllow The Collector, ect. ect.)
NezujaLaniatarDrakythe

Comments

• NezujaNezuja Posts: 90 mod
    If it's easy to implement for the devs then count me in !
  • FinjinimoFinjinimo Posts: 264 Hero
    As long as one of them is 'the pantless' then yes!
    ...jiggly bits...
    edited August 2016
    I like the little system they have for nicknames in Crusader Kings II.

In that game, I might start as a count in Ireland, spend a generation uniting the tribes there before declaring myself High King of Ireland. And thus I become known as Finji the Wise.

Then a few generations later, I have control of all of Ireland and Scotland, and decide to install my dimwitted, clubfooted little brother "Tim Thewizard" as King of Scotland and thus become known as Finji IV the Kind.

Then a generation later when TheWizard has sown dissent all throughout my realm, slept with my wife, assassinated my heir, and declared and won a war of independence... I become known as Finji V the Fool.

Then finally, when my great great grandson Rufio subdues TheWizards wretched branch of the family, reclaims the Scottish crown, and successfully invades and conquers England, I become known as Rufio the Conqueror.

I really like that game. But, more importantly, I like that the nicknames are earned by things you do or thrust upon you by your sworn enemies *shakes fists* @TheWizard...

...jiggly bits...
    HollowDarggie
  • joekyjoeky Posts: 56 Adventurer
    nicks that is representative of your action will be a step up against the rest mobile games.

• TheWizardTheWizard Posts: 838 Wizard
    that's true., @joeky, haven't seen that much.

@Finjinimo, does that fist shaking mean we're now sworn enemies via example narrative? /ducks

I do like the titles thing-- think it adds some flavor to your play that wouldn't otherwise be there. Typically, games give out achievements for these types of things, but our narrative system lends itself toward style of play being how you are "seen." What if you're a sad sack nonstop losing player?

TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    Then you would be "the persistent", "the successfully challenged" , "the underachiever" , "the stubborn" , "the ill-advised".

There are lots of fun ways you could take that, especially if all of the most successful nicknames sound really pretentious. Like they do in real life.

So loser nicknames might become a badge of honour, like "the stubborn".

...jiggly bits...
    HollowNezujaPsycho_Mycho
  • HollowHollow Posts: 38 MARKED
    The titles thing could be like an equip-able achievement that would be earned for event placement or through the narrative. It would probably have to be not easily attainable, so everyone won't have the same exact title. I forgot where I've seen this in other mmo's, but it definitely adds to the experience.
    yeah i know I've seen it too for sure. Equipping is also interesting-- I'm trying to think what other game let me trade out titles and they were earned-- i can see the interface in my mind but can't remember the game(s)!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
    can't remember which game, but I remember some mobile platform does announcement when VIP++++ enter and play the games or etc..

to add on to Finji tile :
    : master escapee : one who withdraw from PVP the most
    : Elusive Snake : one who evade the most hits....
    : Hulk : amazing HP...  
    i like that announcement idea, @joeky. Let me know if you remember the game. 

And keep those title ideas coming!
    TheWizard
    I'll SMITE you
  • HollowHollow Posts: 38 MARKED
    edited August 2016
    One game I remember (Kingdoms at War) did something similar to titles . Instead it was with banners that gave a %to specific stats. Other players could see that they placed in a collection event or PvP tournament to earn the specific banner. For example, winning or placing top 10 in the season specific world event earned you "Banner of the Reaper".

I always thought the % boost was a little broken with the fact that it further separated the best from the rest. However, the idea behind titles adds to the role playing element. Thinking about it now, it could also be another incentive to stay with a specific house. You would be stripped of said titles if you abandon your house. Just a thought.
    Joeky "opening" his head n started his epic journey into the labyrinth "where had I seen that game"...
  • Psycho_MychoPsycho_Mycho Posts: 69 Adventurer
    Finjinimo said:
    Then you would be "the persistent", "the successfully challenged" , "the underachiever" , "the stubborn" , "the ill-advised".

There are lots of fun ways you could take that, especially if all of the most successful nicknames sound really pretentious. Like they do in real life.

So loser nicknames might become a badge of honour, like "the stubborn".

I love that one, "the persistent", LOL!
    "Do not trust everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
  • DrakytheDrakythe Posts: 204 mod
    TheWizard said:
    yeah i know I've seen it too for sure. Equipping is also interesting-- I'm trying to think what other game let me trade out titles and they were earned-- i can see the interface in my mind but can't remember the game(s)!
    Lord of the Rings Online did this very well, the entire idea. If you have a couple of spare hours install the client and give it a try, its a pretty fantastic system.