Best Of ...
Re: Combat Test Feedback:
I am enjoying the test so far. The graphics are pleasing and the pacing of combat meets the objective of the game. Here are my suggestions:
1. Skill Placement - I want to be able to easily move an already equipped skill to another slot. Unless I am missing something, the only way to move an equipped skill somewhere else is to find an unequipped skill, equip it into the slot of the skill that I want to move (this appears to be the only way to unequip) and then move it into the target slot. My reason for wanting to move skills around is that when I find a nominal 'cast' order, I'd like to put the skills into a sequence based on their slot placement.
2. Chest Refresh - Suggestion, give each character a lower chest cap (e.g. 4) but enable 1 chest to refresh every X amount of time. As a developer, this gives you two options to reward players (i.e. premium subscription or perhaps equipment bonuses) the first is an increase on the chest cap and the second is a modification to the refresh timer.
3. Damage Explanation - I am uncertain if I am dealing with a bug... during some battles my spells do a fraction of the damage that they would otherwise do (numeric and not just the visual graphic). I don't think that this is stance related but I do not know what causes it. As a player, I need some way to discover if/how/why I am being effective or ineffective otherwise my improvement path is much more uncertain (i.e. is my opponent wearing mitigating gear, is my opponent using a mitigating skill, is my opponent more lucky, or is it a bug?)
4. Chat notification - I think that the chat itself is fine so far but you may consider a feature where if your account/character is named by another player in chat, a notification dot appears on the chat button.
5. Spell / Skill differentiation - I like the different spell graphics. Thus far, some of the spells do not feel very differentiated. By that I mean that several skills do a point of two of damage and generate a point or two of the same resource - does it make a difference that one is based on fire and the other based on ice? Perhaps that comes later or perhaps that explains the damage problems that I described above.
6. Early Skill Mix - As a mage, I do not have much opportunity to change stances at least among the first two skill tiers. You may want to give each class at least one of each stance option early on.
7. Steal - I don't know if this is a bug or an unimplemented feature. There is a tier two mage skill that involves a 1-point steal. I assumed that I was stealing my opponent's health but my own health score did not change.
Keep up the good work Wizzy.
Re: Combat Test Feedback:
Following DD's lead, I have compiled my notes a bit more extensively.
Re: Combat Test Bug Reporting:
Hang Report - Can force a hang by accessing inventory my (current) character doesn't have..
1. Log into character
2. Switch to a character who can still gain chests today (or create a new one). For ease of identifying the bad gear I went from Warrior to Mage
3. Gain a chest with mage by winning a battle
4. View gained equipment
5. Switch characters back to warrior
6. View "all" inventory on Warrior, see wizard hat, try to equip it.
Result: a message box reading "Loot Item not owned by active player character." - click "ok" and the game hangs on the "Woot! server busy" screen.
Re: Access to beta
E X C I T E D !
Re: Exiles of Embermark - An Introduction
, thanks! Yes testing spots will be limited, but I dont have a number yet, and we definitely haven't reached it. Send me a PM if you want in...
So how will microtransactions be handled?
Will it be a cosmetic system, maybe a sub system like for ex. 10% more xp if you sub, or are you doing what most mobile games do?
Re: Access to test
I would love to help test. I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime G361H.
Re: Hellos - Introduce Yourself
Nice to meet you
! Welcome to the Exiles of Embermark community.
Re: AMA - 10/24 at 5 PM CT - Details & Submit Questions
You making me proud
Re: A Graphic For Martial/Magic/Mystic
Personally I like this one the best. Its clean and too the point, and the arrows I think fit the theme better.